Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

March 09, 2013

Flat Rock Playhouse | Hendersonville Photographer

 
If you haven't visited the Flat Rock Playhouse yet, you really should!
 
 
I volunteered last fall at a showing of "Zelda: An American Love Story". 
It was a musical based on the romance of author F. Scott Fitzgerald and his wife, Zelda.
It was absolutely fabulous!
 
 
Over Christmas break we were at Fired Up! in Hendersonville, a paint your own pottery studio, painting with Cooper & Peyton.  The lady that worked there was telling about a place called YouTheatre, that she thought my kids might like.  I started doing some research and discovered that YouTheatre is associated with the Flat Rock Playhouse.  I was very impressed with their production that I went to, and had high hopes that YouTheatre would be equally as great!  I found out that they offer classes for kids in Dance, Musical Theatre, Theatre Arts, and Visual & Technical Arts.  We signed Peyton up for a dance class that she has be attending for the past several weeks. 
She absolutely loves it!
 
 
All this to say that, when I saw that they were having a silent auction to help
support the theatre during their currently running production of "The Little Prince",
I was thrilled to donate a portrait session to the auction.
 
If you love the theatre as much as I do, and would like to help support their programs, be sure
and stop in at the Downtown location and check out all the great items up for auction. 
You can buy your tickets for the play here.
 
 
I can't wait to meet the recipient of my auction item!
I wonder if it will be a baby, a family, or maybe a High School Senior.
I guess I will have to wait until next week to find out!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...