Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

June 15, 2011

Bathroom Re-do #2 | Sunbury Photographer


We finished up our 3rd room re-do this week. 
I showed you the other bathroom here
 I haven't posted pictures yet of our kitchen changes.  I will someday. 

This week we completed the master bathroom and I LOVE it! 


It is beachy and airy.  If you know me, you know I LOVE the beach.


And I also love turquoise.  All different shades of it.


As you may or may not know, we are re-doing our entire house in order to put it on the market.  Since I have the whole house to spruce up and decorate, I'm trying not to spend too much money in each space.

Every thing on this shelf I bought on clearance. I already had the shelf, shell and plate holder.  The plate was a gift from my mom and the other two items were about $5 for both of them.




I already had most of the items in this picture too.  The shell and starfish are from a trip to the Bahamas when I was pregnant with our oldest son.  The mason jar, the beautiful blue/green mason jar, I found in someones trash.  A story for another day!  :)  I found two boxes of these old mason jars and have been using them all over to decorate with.  This one was perfect for this room.



The latch is very rusty. 
 It adds character!
RIGHT? 


I found this sailboat at Hobby Lobby on clearance for around $3 I think.


Another clearance find.  Found the shower curtain at Meijer for $7 or $8.


Then I found some pillow shams at Target on clearance for $2.48.  I picked up some, thinking they would go with the quilt on my bed.  But they don't look good in there at all. 


I've had this picture board hanging in my hall for years, 
and for about half of those years I hated it.  It's so boring.


So I took one of the shams, cut the back panels off, wrapped it around this picture board, and stapled it to the back of the board.


Flip it over and it's a cute piece of art to hang on the wall.


Pretty colors! :)


We also decided to hang a chair rail in here.  We did board and batten in the other bathroom, but I didn't want to do it again in here.  I wanted something a little more simple.

After hanging the chair rail, with a 2 and 5 year old as assistants,
(Yes I said 2 & 5.  I had them help  me hold the moulding while I nailed it.  They were the only ones home.  Yes it took me 10 minutes to hang 1 piece of moulding, because apparently they kept forgetting they were helping me and would just walk away at random times.  Then I would have to start all over with the leveling, nailing, etc...)
After finally getting the moulding nailed to the wall, I used some Frog tape, caulk and this nifty little tool thing (I have not idea what it's called, but I LOVE it.) to finish it all off.


If you haven't tried green Frog tape, you need too.  It's awesome!  It works so much better than the blue painters tape.  Doesn't allow for the paint to bleed underneath. 


I put the tape above the moulding, ran a bead of caulk down the entire thing to fill any gaps between the wall and the moulding, and then ran the yellow tool thing down the edge of the moulding.  It smushes the chaulk into the gaps and leaves a nice smooth clean line.

(I know there is no green tape in this picture.  I forgot to take a picture before I pulled the tape.)


Then I painted all along the edge, and pulled the tape up as soon as I was finished before the caulk and paint dried completely.  When I wait and pull it after the paint dries, the tape will usually pull some of the paint with it. 

Look at this nice clean line!


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Frog tape.


And this is the finished room!

Very simple and fresh.

The paint color is Window Pane by Sherwin Williams, color matched to Behr at Home Depot. 

It's blue - green - grey - turquoise.  Depends on the time of day and the light.

I love Behr paint.  I only had to paint one coat to cover the old color.
We still have half a gallon of paint left to paint something else.

I'm very happy to say that the whole re-do cost us less than $70!

(Forgot to hang the towels up before I took the picture.)


So there you have it. 
Three down, three more, a hallway and foyer to go.
We are hoping to tackle the master bedroom this weekend.

I'm putting off the family room until last because I CANNOT decide on a paint color.
Anyone have a FAVORITE paint color that I should know about?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...