Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

August 15, 2010

Helpful Information | Sunbury Portrait Photographer

I ran across this blog post today and it made me think of the countless conversations I have had with clients regarding their department store portrait studio experiences. I had one mom tell me that the studio wouldn't sell her a portrait that was taken of her daughters sticking their tongues out at each other, because that wasn't the studio's style. That's her life though. Those are the memories that she wants to preserve. Those are the types of photographs that really help you to remember their true personalities.

I recently received this note from a client:

"I was recently thinking about all the money I have spent having pictures taken at other places. I don't really have any that stand out or speak to me like the ones you has taken this year of my family. This is the first time I have had pictures that capture the personalities and sweetness of my kids. Price is really... not a factor when you have such excellent shots to pick from. I will truly treasure each and every picture that you have taken this year and years to come. Thanks for all the wonderful memories you are creating!"

This is what it's all about for me. I want my portraits to speak to you. I want them to scream with your child's personalitiy. I want them to be the artwork on your wall.

I'm not trying to slam any department store studios. That's not what this is about. I'm simply trying to point out the differences and why custom portrait photography sometimes costs a little more. Custom portrait photography can not be created for the same cost as big chain department store photography. It's simply not possible. For another great article on this topic, you can check out this post. It gives you a pretty detailed breakdown of why custom portrait photography costs more.

And because a good post on a photography blog always needs a photo, I give you this shot of Cooper that I love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...