Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

March 15, 2013

Simple Easter Decorations for the Kids! | Hendersonville, NC

 
For several years now Cooper has always begged me to decorate for different holidays.  Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, Easter...  And for several years I have felt guilty because I never had the time or energy to do it for him.  After moving to North Carolina and getting to be a stay at home mom again, I have finally been able to spend the time with him putting up a few decorations for the holidays.  We of course decked the halls for Christmas.  And then we put some things out for Valentine's Day.  We skipped over St. Patrick's Day and decorated for Easter instead. 
 
The thing about decorating is that it can get expensive if you let it.  But I'm the queen of cheap and instead of letting it be expensive, we headed to the dollar store to see what we could find.  We found several little things that both Cooper and Peyton loved, and all for only a dollar!
 
First we found these little foam sparkly letters.  They are individual little letters with sticky stuff on the back.  I broke a paint stir stick down to the length that we needed and just stuck the letters on it.
 Then we found these sparkly Easter egg picks and little tin buckets.  We grabbed some floral foam and Easter grass and created this cute little bouquet of eggs.
 Again with the sparkle theme.  These cardboard eggs.
 I was going to make some sort of garland to hang on the mantle, but then we found these paper flowers in the $1 bins at Michaels.  Cute and colorful!


 I found this cute little unique plant at the grocery store and put it in this little yellow
 pot that I bought at the dollar store.  I have no idea what this plant is called, but I love it. 
Anyone have any idea what it is?
Found this cute printable here.
I just printed it on printer paper and put in an 8x10 frame that I got on clearance at Target for $2.
 I already had this plant on hand and just threw it in with the Easter stuff because the pot looked good with all the Easter colors.  The little birdcage is another Michael $1 bin find with some sparkly little eggs added for color.  Are you seeing a theme here?  A dollar here, a dollar there.  :)
 My blue mirror and green lamp are both fitting in perfectly with the Easter colors.
 I did spend $5 for two packages of fun fur yarn for this simple little wreath.  First I took a pool noodle from the dollar store and bent it into a circle shape and duct taped the ends together to make the base for the wreath.  Then I just wrapped the yarn around the noodle to cover the entire thing.  I used some fishing line to tie on some Easter eggs and used a scrap piece of fabric to hang it.  It's not a very exciting wreath really, but the kids love it, and that's what this is all about for me. 
 Instead of using a over the door wreath holder, I just used a couple of
thumbtacks to attach the ribbon to the top of the door.
 And then we added this little Easter sign to our basket of pansies on the
front porch to welcome our guests.
So all together I spent around $27 to put up a few little decorations.  Not only did we get decorations, but we had some together time shopping for our goods, and then putting everything out.  Not to mention how much joy the kids get from seeing all this stuff everyday. 


Do you decorate for all the holidays?  Do your kids care one way or the other?  Our older boys never cared about any of this stuff.  What frugal ideas do you have for decorating on a budget?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...