Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

May 28, 2012

River Arts District | Asheville, NC Photographer

My husband, daughter and I went on a little drive last night to downtown Asheville.  We wanted to explore the River Arts District as a possible location for a family portrait session.  It's a very cool neighborhood along the Frend Broad River where 165 artists work in studios in old industrial buildings.


Along with the artists studios, we also found lots of graffit walls!





Most of the studios were closed on a Sunday evening, but we did find the Asheville Glass Center open.


They had about 12 different artists work on display.


It was all beautiful!


They also offer different classes that I must go back and attend!



I can't wait to go back to the River Arts District again during the day when more studios are open. 

AND, we found tons of different shooting locations as well!


I also tried my hand at a little night photography.  I was sorry I didn't have a tripod for the slow shutter speeds that I needed to shoot at 9pm.  I was pleasantly surprised with how sharp these images turned out considering they were hand held shots with a 1/30 shutter speed.
These images were all taken at Pack Square Park.



Definitely want to go back and eat at Pack's Tavern!



So much to see and do in Western North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...