Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

December 27, 2010

Eye Behind the Camera by Guest Blogger Shelly Arnold

I asked my girlfriend to take our Christmas card pictures this fall. Then, as if that wasn't stressful enought for her, I asked her to write a guest blog post for my blog. A post sharing her experience being on the other side of the lens for a change. Below are her thoughts.

Have you ever seen something and thought, “Oh, I can do that!” Well let me tell you, taking candid pictures is a whole lost easier than taking professional shots. Believe me, especially when you are taking the photographer’s family pictures.

Recently, I had the opportunity to be behind the camera instead of in front. I was asked to take Billie’s family pictures. I know you are asking yourself, “Billie doesn’t have a family picture?” Think about it, she is so busy taking all those wonderful pictures of all of us, she never get the opportunity to get her family’s picture taken. She asked, so how could I say no.

The day was beautiful. I was nervous. I had big shoes to fill. You have seen her pictures, you all know what I mean. What if I didn’t get the “shot” she wants for her family picture? The pressure!

What amazed me was she was the crazy one stressed out on how to do her hair, the kids, and if you know Dennis…Dennis. Needless to say, it was fun snapping pictures. The individual ones where a whole lot easier to take than the group shot. I got more outtake pictures of her family than one with everyone looking at the camera. When we finished that afternoon, there were 300+ pictures taken. I got a little carried away snapping. In my defense, she took the camera and took some individual shots of the kids, so not all 300+ pictures were just me. Well maybe 250!

I left the next part up to her…editing. Here are a few pictures I took that day.

This is Billie talking from here on.
Shelly captured some great shots! I always show you all the pretty stuff around here. Just for fun, today I thought I would share more of the outtakes with you.


Some of the boys being dorky!


Some of my weird picture taking habits wearing off on Shelly!

Pictures of feet!

Who can resist these adorable little boots though?
AND just a little more silliness!

OK. Now I'll show you the pretty picture!

And this is the final product of our little Sunday afternoon photo shoot!




Shelly thank you so much for doing this for me. I so appreciate it. You did such a great job! Especially for your first attempt. And for what you had to work with!

Now that you have your own DSLR, you can start doing our pictures on a more regular basis. By the time next fall rolls around, you will be a pro! You can practice on my kids like I have yours for months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...