Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

December 22, 2010

5 on Friday | Sunbury Photographer

Five on Friday is a little early this week since Christmas Eve is on Friday. This week I am sharing thoughts about the things I am grateful for. With so many people hurting during the holidays, I wanted to make a point a of stopping and realizing all of our blessings.

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy;
they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.”
~Marcel Proust


1. I’m grateful for a happy healthy family. We live a crazy, busy, chaotic life sometimes. But all in all, we are happy and healthy.


2. I’m grateful that I get to spend the next week at home with my babies. I normally have to send them off to school and daycare and then go to my boring corporate job all day long. But not this week. We get to sleep in everyday, stay in our jammies all day if we like, and do absolutely nothing. I have planned no activities for next week. Just rest and relaxation.


3. I’m grateful for our extended family too. One of the great things about Christmas is that it gives everyone a reason to make time to get together with family. We talk about doing it throughout the rest of the year, but rarely do we get around to doing it. Last weekend we spent and entire weekend in a lakeside cabin with my husband’s family, and this weekend we will spend with my family in our home.


4. I am grateful for a program called Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey that helped us get our finances in order and savings in place a few years back. If it hadn’t been for this program, I don’t know how we would have made it through 2 ½ years of unemployment. Thankfully Dennis is back to work now and we are working to get back on track again.


5. I’m thankful for friends, family, and church family that have helped, supported, and prayed for our family throughout these last couple of difficult years. Many are still helping out today given our current work situation. Without all of them, I’m not sure how we would have made it through. God is good. He has put wonderful people in our life that we are forever grateful for.

I hope that this post will inspire you to sit this Christmas and think of all the things you are grateful for. Count the many blessings that God has given all of us.


Leave a comment and let me know what you are thankful for this Christmas season.

This is an ornament that Brodey bought for me at Secret Santa.

Thought it was appropriate for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...