Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

October 04, 2010

To Do List | Sunbury Photographer


You are probably going to think that I am nuts, but I’m going to talk about Christmas today. Do you know that Christmas is less than 12 weeks away? That’s 80 days! Have you started thinking about it yet? Have you started preparing yet?

I posted on my Facebook page the other day that I had started my Christmas To Do List and I got mixed reactions. Some of you thought I was absolutely insane and others chimed in and said they had already started their shopping. There were actually more people that had already started then thought I was insane! Well, there was probably more people that thought I was insane, but they didn’t speak up and tell me so! :o) Thanks by the way!

My schedule is so incredibly insane, that I have to plan way ahead for things like this. In years past, I would have most of my shopping completed by now. I like to shop year around for good deals and specials. If I see something I think someone on my shopping list would enjoy, I will pick it up and put it back for Christmas. I have a little closet that I put everything in, and a list in my purse where I write down anything that I purchase and how much I spent on it. You may think that I am a little Type A, but I have to do this to keep my sanity around the holidays.

I usually have the goal of having all shopping completed and gifts wrapped before Thanksgiving. Then I have December to enjoy doing other things. You know, like those winter concerts at school, and all of the various Christmas parties that we attend throughout the month. Not to mention the fact that I have a child with a November 23rd birthday and 2 children with December birthdays! I obviously didn’t plan that part of my holidays very well.

Sad to say, I haven’t been able to prepare much for the holidays yet this year. I don’t have any gifts purchased yet, I don’t have my Christmas card picture taken yet, and I don’t have the slightest idea of what I might like to give as gifts this year. So I sat down today and wrote down a to do list so that I could get everything accomplished that needed to be accomplished by Christmas. For some reason when I write things down it makes me feel more in control. I don’t have to keep thinking that I’m forgetting about something. Unfortunately, my calendar is about to get even crazier than it has been in the past, so this to do list is vital to my sanity. I thought if I shared it with all of you that I might feel a little more accountable to actually get the things done that I say I need to do. Hope you don’t mind!

Here's my list:

1. Create a gift list and budget.
2. Create a greeting card list and budget.
3. Have family picture taken for card.
4. Design & order holiday cards.
5. Check on my gift wrap supplies and purchase what I will need.
6. Shop for gifts & wrap as purchased.
7. Prepare Christmas cards for mailing.
8. Put up decorations on the outside of our house.
9. Put up decorations on the inside of our house.
10. Prepare holiday grocery shopping list.
11. Prepare and package food gifts.
12. Clean house for the holidays.
13. Clean house yet again since I’m sure the kiddies will make more messes since the last time I cleaned!


So there it is people. My to do list is complete. I hate when I am sitting on Christmas Eve trying to rush and wrap a bunch of presents. I like to be able to take my time and add pretty ribbons and tags to my gifts. That doesn’t happen if I’m rushing at the last minute. It’s slap it in a gift bag and go! This little planning session is going to prevent that from happening.
RIGHT? RIGHT!!!!

Now I need to go create that gift list and figure out my budget!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...