Hendersonville, North Carolina ~ 828.785.2389

December 10, 2010

5 on Friday | Sunbury Portrait Photographer

1. So it’s been a busy week. Saturday we moved furniture all day. Sunday we traveled back to my hometown for a family Christmas party. Sunday night we put up our tree finally. Monday Cooper started breaking ornaments on the tree. Brodey started basketball this week and Drew had his first two basketball games this week. So I’m back to running up and down the road multiple times each evening to drop off, pick up, drop off, pick up. You know the drill. Fun times!

2. So you know how I have been on this major decluttering kick. And I mean MAJOR. I have been throwing things away or donating things daily. I am determined to get my house under control. And as Flylady says, “You can’t organize clutter.” So every chance I get I am going through a drawer, a cabinet, a counter top, and getting rid of things that I don’t love. Well this weekend Dennis moved one set of furniture out of my family room, and I sat in the house all day with only one chair while he went to get the new furniture and bring it home. I began to think about how I could get away without furniture cluttering up my family room. So far I haven’t come up with a way to do that. But I’m still working on it. There has to be some other option for my family room. The boys suggested big bean bags and pillows. Somehow I don’t think Grandma and Grandpa would like having to sit in bean bags on the floor when they come to visit. Drew also suggested some type of chair that hangs from the ceiling! I know, I just confirmed your thoughts of me being insane! :o)

3. Another Christmas song to mention this week. I heard a song by Amy Grant that I have never heard before, but I really like it. It’s called “I Need a Silent Night”. Check it out. If you are a busy mom trying to keep up with this amazing Christmas season, the song will probably speak to you too.



4. So I have wrapped up business stuff for the year. I feel sort of lost not sitting with my laptop in my lap every single night. But it’s also a nice break to do some other things and to refresh the creative side of my brain.

5. I looked at my calendar on Monday and realized that there is nothing written on it for this weekend. I know! How did I ever manage to have a free weekend right in the middle of December? I’m not sure how it happened. But I’m so thankful for it. The fact of the matter is, I have probably just forgotten something that I’m supposed to be doing. If you know what it is, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...